Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CLASSROOM SNIPPETS


I love what I do.

There's never a dull day in the classroom - no moment is ever the same; no class is ever alike.

Here are snippets of how my day was yesterday:


 

BLOCK 1:

I was modeling to my students how to fill out a writing bank ('my writing territories' sheet).

Teacher Jo-Ann: "Help me fill out my writing bank. What is one thing that I love the most?" (I was thinking of music.)

Students: "Teaching"

… And my heart just melted.


 

BLOCK 2:

Tough-looking student: "Do you have a writing utensil I can borrow? Thank you…"


Wow! That's something I rarely hear anymore these days? Usually it's more like Yo! I need a pen".

Hmm… there is still hope in the human race …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home